Tampa Amusement Park Accident Attorney
Given there are many amusement parks in Florida, it’s no surprise that we represent a lot of injured visitors who sustained injuries. Theme parks must keep their premises safe and free from significant hazards. When they breach that duty and someone is injured, they could be liable for the person’s damages. If you or someone you love sustained injuries at a theme park in Florida, contact the Tampa amusement park accident attorneys at Moore Law today.
We have nearly 30 years of experience successfully representing clients for injuries resulting from amusement park accidents. We understand the nuances and complex nature of these cases. We can help you stand up to the large corporations who run them and help you get the compensation you deserve for your injuries.
Common Causes of Amusement Park Accidents
Amusement parks typically have stringent safety regulations and regularly monitor their rides to ensure they are functioning correctly. All parts must be in working order and the structures stable. When someone is injured, it’s usually from one of the following causes:
- Structural failure: Corrosion is a common cause of structural failure in some rides.
- Mechanical issues: Sometimes mechanical problems can lead to accidents as well if restraints fail, brakes give out, cables snap, or a ride get stuck. Even a sudden unexpected stop in a ride can leave passengers with whiplash and soft tissue injuries.
- Collisions: You can collide with other people, structures, walls, or cars on a ride.
- Operator error: Rides are manually operated, which means there is room for human error. Someone fails to deploy safety nets, doesn’t leave enough space between people, stops a ride too quickly, or doesn’t double-check safety restraints, etc. All these issues can lead to injury accidents.
- Being ejected: It’s scary to think about, but falling out of the car, slide, or swing can result in injuries. Being thrown off an inflatable device also puts you at risk for injuries.
- Poorly designed attractions: Some attractions are defective from the start, resulting in injuries even when proper safety restraints are used.
Numerous other issues can give rise to personal injury claims as well. You could trip and fall over something on the ground, a stair railing could give way, you slip on water on the floor, or you could get food poisoning, etc. Amusement park accidents aren’t limited to just accidents with rides.
Liable Parties in Amusement Park Accidents
Determining liability can be a complicated process in an amusement park accident claim. Injured guests may have strict filing procedures to follow and could be pursuing a lawsuit against the amusement park owner, the ride operators, or even ride manufacturers. Depending on the circumstances of the accident, there may be other involved parties. For example, if you slip and fall on a faulty escalator at the park, you may have a claim against the escalator manufacturer.
These large amusement park companies may try to intimidate you with their large legal teams, which is why you need a law firm that isn’t afraid to stand up to these corporations and their legal departments. Proving liability in these types of accidents is crucial. Without showing who was liable, you won’t be able to collect any compensation for your damages.
Contact a Tampa Amusement Park Accident Attorney
If you were injured at an amusement park in Florida, contact the Tampa amusement park accident attorneys at Moore Law today. Let us help you get the justice and compensation you deserve.