Tampa Child Injury Attorney
As a parent, it’s no surprise that your children need constant protection from various hazards. A situation that could be relatively safe for an adult can turn deadly for a child, such as a swimming pool accident or injury at school. When your child is injured, it can be an extremely emotional and stressful time, especially if your child is severely injured. On top of the physical and emotional aspects, you have to deal with the financial concerns and how to pay your child’s medical expenses. Dealing with this can turn overwhelming quickly. You don’t need to handle it alone; let an experienced Tampa child injury attorney help.
At Moore Law, we will be there with you every step of the way. With nearly three decades of experience handling Tampa personal injury claims, we can help you fight for the compensation your family is owed. If your child’s injuries are due to someone else’s negligence, we will help you get the justice you deserve.
Common Child Injuries
Numerous scenarios can lead to a personal injury claim for a child injury. Some of the most common accidents we see include:
- Car accidents: Auto accidents are a leading cause of injury and death for children all across the country. Teenagers who are learning to drive are also at a high risk for injuries or death in an auto accident.
- Playground injuries: Playground accidents can happen in parks and schools. In some cases, the cause of your child’s injuries is from improper maintenance, unsafe landing services, or lack of supervision.
- Drowning: Children are drawn to water, whether it’s a pool, a lake, or the ocean. Young children are especially at risk of getting into a water accident that leads to drowning. Pool owners must keep their pools safe from children who are on the premises.
- Dog bites: Many dog bites are not fatal, but your child may still need to visit the emergency room for treatment and shots.
- Poisoning: Children like to put things in their mouths and are too young to understand the dangers of various household products.
At-Fault Parties in a Child Injury Accident
Children are more susceptible to injuries because they are more impulsive and lack the experience and knowledge of dangers that adults do. Adults need to act with reasonable care around children to keep them safe. Failure to take standard safety precautions or causing harm intentionally could result in liability. Potentially responsible parties include:
- Pet owners
- Property owners
- Other parents
- School officials
- Playground equipment manufacturers
- Toy manufacturers
- Other child product manufacturers
- Healthcare professionals
- Sports coaches
Determining liability can be complicated, which is why you should speak with a skilled Tampa child injury attorney who can help. You need a legal advocate who knows the laws and which parties should be held accountable for your child’s injuries.
The law treats children differently in personal injury matters. Since children cannot file a lawsuit on their behalf, the legal guardian or parent will be responsible for filing on the child’s behalf.
To learn more about pursuing a claim on your child’s behalf, contact the Tampa child injury attorneys at Moore Law today. Schedule a free, no-obligation consultation. Let us review the facts of your case and advise you on the best course of legal action.