Tampa Neck Injury Attorney
Being involved in any type of personal injury accident where you suffer injuries due to someone else’s negligence can be scary. You have to worry about medical treatment, losing time off work, struggling to pay bills, plus having to fight with the insurance company. Many insurance companies don’t treat neck injury claims as seriously as they should. That is one reason you should contact a Tampa neck injury attorney early on in the claims process.
Soft Tissue Neck Injuries
Soft tissue injuries are ones where muscles, tendons, or ligaments are affected. You may hear them referred to as cervical sprain or strain, or hyperextension injury. Whiplash is a prevalent example of a soft tissue neck injury, which is very common in automobile accidents. Soft tissue injuries aren’t visible to the naked eye, nor do they show up on x-rays, which is why a lot of insurance companies want to argue against their legitimacy. However, just because you can’t see a soft tissue injury with your eyes, it doesn’t mean it’s any less painful.
Spinal Cord Neck Injuries
Some neck injuries are catastrophic and require lifetime medical care. One of these is spinal cord damage to the neck. In severe cases, the victim may be paralyzed from the face down. They may not be able to eat on their own, speak, etc. These victims require expensive medical treatment and round-the-clock care for the rest of their lives.
Common Causes of Neck Injuries
Motor vehicle accidents, slip and falls, violent crimes, workplace accidents, and sports are just a few of the ways you can injure your neck.
Here’s a look at some other causes of neck injuries in a personal injury claim:
- Falling from heights: Workers at construction sites are especially at risk of falling from high on a ladder or scaffolding.
- Medical malpractice: Medical professionals have a very high duty of care and must perform a medical procedure safely and professionally. Anything less could amount to negligence. If you underwent a health procedure that left you with a neck injury, you could have a viable medical malpractice claim.
- Defective equipment: When exercise equipment is faulty, it could leave someone with injuries or cause them to fall.
- Poorly designed furniture: Workplace furniture that is poorly designed could cause injuries if they malfunction.
- Pool accidents: Hot tubs and swimming pools are other sources of neck injury in some personal injury claims. If someone trips or slips and falls, it could result in serious injuries.
If another person or party caused your injuries, you could be eligible to receive compensation for your medical bills, property damage, time off work, and your pain and suffering.
Available Damages in a Neck Injury Claim
Depending on the circumstances of your case, you could be eligible to collect some or all of the following types of compensation:
- Medical expenses, both past and future costs
- Property damage
- Lost wages
- Future loss of earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Wrongful death
- Punitive damages (only available in limited circumstances)
Contact a Tampa Neck Injury Lawyer
Do you need assistance pursuing a personal injury claim for a neck injury? If so, let the Tampa neck injury lawyers at Moore Law help. Contact our office today to schedule an initial consultation.