Wesley Chapel Back Injury Attorney
Back injuries are almost uniquely disabling. Many people are completely unaware of how much they use their backs until they end up injuring it in an accident. Suddenly, sitting, standing, even sleeping becomes painful if not outright intolerable.
Under basic principles of personal injury law, however, anyone who suffers a back injury in an accident can seek compensation from the person who injured them. But the help of a Wesley Chapel back injury attorney is a benefit, so contact Moore Law today.
What Are Disabling Back Injuries?
The human back is very complex, almost like a machine. Muscles, tendons, ligaments, and bones must work together for a well-functioning back. Any traumatic impact can cause an injury, often an incredibly painful one. In our experience, some of the worst back injuries are:
- Any damage to the tendons or muscles can lead to swelling and pain. Tendons or muscles can be stretched or even torn in an accident.
- Ligaments that connect bone and cartilage can also be injured, leading to a sprain. A back sprain can leave a person completely immobile.
- Any bone in the back could fracture from a traumatic impact. Fractures are difficult to set.
- Pinched nerves. Something can press constantly on a nerve, leading to chronic pain and, if left untreated, permanent damage. Sometimes bone fragments, tendons, or ligaments are pressing on the nerve and must be relieved with surgery.
- Herniated discs. These rubbery pads in between the vertebrae provide cushion. Accidents can puncture the disc, extruding the liquid interior, or cause the disc to bulge.
- Spinal column injury. The column protects the spinal cord running through the center, but individual vertebrae can crack or become dislocated. If the cord itself is damaged, then a victim can become paralyzed.
Can Medical Care Provide Relief?
A very mild sprain or strain might be treated with a fistful of ibuprofen, an ice pack, and some bed rest. But serious injuries will require serious medical care. And this care is expensive.
For example, you might need surgery to repair a damaged disc or dislocated vertebrae. But surgery provides only a partial fix: many patients must undergo grueling rehabilitation for months on end to return to something resembling normal. All the while, they are struggling with pain management so that they can sleep and work.
Each back injury is different, so discuss a treatment plan with your doctor. But some people with back injuries are out of commission for a year or more.
What Compensation Can Victims Receive?
Back injuries usually stem from motor vehicle crashes, slip and fall cases, or other premises liability claims. A person can be injured when they suffer a direct impact or when trying to wrench their body, leading to injury.
Our Wesley Chapel back injury lawyer can seek compensation for:
- All past, present, and future medical expenses
- All past, present, and future lost income or wages
- Pain and suffering
- Property damage
Our Wesley Chapel Back Injury Lawyer Stands Up for Clients
When someone else’s negligence has harmed you, they should pay full compensation. Unfortunately, many insurance companies resist making fair offers. This is where Moore Law can help. Our Wesley Chapel back injury attorney can meet with you to review your legal options. Contact us today.